The Technology, Colleges and Community Worldwide Online Conference (TCC Online Conference) is a virtual, professional development event held annually online. This event enables faculty, staff, students and administrators in higher education worldwide to share their expertise and engage in discussions about innovations and practices related to the use of technology for teaching and learning.
TCC runs on a real-time schedule, with a starting date and a closing date. It also includes activities such as live presentations and discussion sessions that begin and end at set times throughout the day. The conference theme revolves around current trends and issues related to technology for teaching and learning.
For further information, contact the conference coordinators:
More information about this conference may be found online:
- Ho, Curtis, P. (Ed). TCC Conference Refereed Proceedings (2006-present). Retrieved from http://etec.hawaii.edu/proceedings/
- Ho, C. P., Kimura, B. & Boulay, R. (2011). Retrospective analysis of a virtual worldwide conference for eLearning. International Journal for Educational Media and Technology 2011, 5(1), 107-117. Retrieved from http://jaems.jp/contents/icomej/vol5/IJEMT5.107-117.pdf
- Kimura, B. Y. (2003). The TCC Online Conference : Faculty Sharing Information About eLearning Globally. Japan Society of Educational Information (19), 60-62. Retrieved from http://ci.nii.ac.jp/lognavi?name=nels&lang=en&type=pdf&id=ART0001258793
- Kimura, B. Y. & Ho, C. P. (2008). Online conferences and workshops: Affordable & ubiquitous learning, Opportunities for faculty development. Proceedings of the Distance Learning and the Internet Conference 2008. Retrieved from http://www.waseda.jp/DLI2008/program/proceedings/pdf/session3-1.pdf
- Kimura, B. & Shimabukuro, J. (2001). The Teaching in the Community Colleges (TCC) Online Conference. LeagueTLC Innovation Express. Retrieved from http://www.league.org/leaguetlc/express/inn0107.htm
- Shimabukuro, J. (2000). What is an online conference? The Technology Source Archives. Retrieved from http://technologysource.org/article/what_is_an_online_conference/
Accessibility Information on this website is available in alternate formats. For disability accommodations, advance notice is requested. Contact Bert Kimura <firstname.lastname@example.org> ten (10) days prior to the conference start date.
TCC Hawaii, LearningTimes, & the Educational Technology Department, University of Hawaii College of Education, collaborate to produce this event. Volunteer faculty and staff worldwide provide additional support.
TCC Hawaii (TCCHawaii.org) is a Hawaii non-profit, educational tax exempt 501(c)(3) corporation.
Educational Technology Department University of Hawaii College of Education
University of Hawaii College of Education